Supply Chain and Sustainable Procurement
This training will be conducted in-person. Paia’s trainers will be on-site to deliver the session and facilitate face to face discussions, while our subject matter expert will dial in to conduct some segments of the training.
(Click on the course dates above to register online)
About the Course
Reliable supply chains are central to the performance and long-term growth of any business. There is a growing expectation for organisations to understand and manage the sustainability impacts of those supply chains.
Customers, consumers and investors, are asking questions about how and where products and materials are sourced, how suppliers are engaged with sustainability strategy, and companies’ efforts to reduce the material environmental and social impacts arising from activities – such as agriculture, mining or transport – in their supply chains.
In response, companies are integrating sustainability requirements into supplier qualification and management processes, and looking to embed sustainable procurement as part of their sustainability KPIs and targets. A range of new codes and standards have developed to support these aims.
Have you started to implement sustainable supply chain strategy for your company, but realised that you cannot solve all challenges on your own? Are you ready to reach out to your contractors, suppliers, business partners in order to advance your sustainability performance? Do you want to better understand the various codes and standards for sustainable procurement, including the ones that are right for your supply chains?
This course will help you and your organisation to develop a roadmap to integrate sustainability into your procurement processes and supply chain management strategies, in order to further your sustainability goals and meet the requirements of customers, investors and reporting standards.
You will learn about the most important standards, tools and approaches for sustainable supply chain management in a hands-on way, combined with sharing of best practice in effective supply chain sustainability.
- Understand the main building blocks of a successful supply chain sustainability strategy
- Understand the business and other drivers for sustainable supply chain management
- Be familiar with the different standards, tools & approaches for sustainable supply chain management, and be able to evaluate which are right for your supply chains
- Understand the principles of supplier sustainability risk assessment, and know how to identify the sustainability priorities for your supply chains
- Understand the different ways to engage your suppliers with your sustainability goals
- Companies seeking to enhance their Sustainability Approach
- Supply chain and procurement professionals looking to incorporate sustainability into their existing practices
- Operations professionals looking to assess supplier sustainability risks
- Sustainability professionals looking to understand how to work with procurement and supply chain colleagues to deliver sustainability targets
“Very Comprehensive. Its alot to cover within a day but Paia has managed to cover the topics that are key & critical.”
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Paia Consulting is a Gold Community Member of the Global Reporting Initiative. Paia’s training is delivered by individuals who have unparalleled depth of hands-on expertise in reporting locally