Greenhouse Gas Accounting for Organisations
(Click on the course dates above to register online)
About the Course
In all sectors, there is no shortage of optimism when hearing about new green initiatives and actions a company is taking to reduce their carbon footprint. Governments and the private sector have communicated net-zero goals for a wide range of purposes. The journey to decarbonisation starts here, no matter what your goals are.
Paia’s Greenhouse Gas Accounting for Organisations public training course aims to teach participants the widely adopted methodologies of carbon accounting. We will look closely at the basics of defining your organisational boundary, determining how to scope your emissions using a standardised framework, and how to collect this data from your organisation.
Lastly, this training will also cover the basics of the Science-Based Targets initiative (SBTi). This initiative includes over 3,400 companies that have set science-based targets (SBTs) to decarbonise and help reach a 1.5°C world. We will demonstrate the process of setting SBTs and if this is a suitable endeavour for your organisation.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of climate change and carbon accounting
- Establish organisational and operational boundaries for developing a relevant and accurate GHG inventory for your organisation
- Identify relevant and material scope 1, 2, and 3 emission sources along your value chain and account for them using the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol
- Set emission reduction and net-zero targets using tools and standards developed by the Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTi)
- Companies or organisations looking to embark on a sustainability agenda
- Companies or organisations looking to train a sustainability team
- C-Suite or Managerial roles regarding:
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Corporate Communications
- Public Relations
- Social Responsibility
- Investor Relations
- External Affairs