Introduction to Climate Strategy and Carbon Markets
(Click on the course dates above to register online)
About the Course
For those new to carbon services and sustainability, highly recommended to attend Paia’s Greenhouse Gas Accounting for Organisations before this course.
Climate strategies are only useful once targets are set. Complementing our Greenhouse Gas Accounting for Organisations course, Paia is offering an Introduction to Climate Strategy and Carbon Markets. The course is designed to help businesses start looking to implement actions that are aligned with their goals, whether it be science-based targets, general decarbonisation ambitions, or peer-driven requirements for any net-zero alliance.
In this course we will introduce climate strategy fundamentals and the global and local regulatory landscapes of climate action and carbon management. Real case studies will be shared pertaining to companies implementing strategies they have outlined in transition plans or roadmaps. We will also cover some common difficulties when organisations implement an ambitious decarbonisation agenda.
Participants will get an introduction on how carbon credits and offsets are used to meet company and country emissions reduction goals. Participants will discuss the drivers for decarbonisation and policies to reduce emissions as well as the difference between abatement and offset projects and how they work to support goals and targets. Ways of entering carbon markets, with both compliance markets and voluntary markets, will be discussed in detail.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of climate change and its regulatory and industry landscape
- Develop your organisation’s climate strategy based on the carbon mitigation hierarchy
- Explain the function and purpose of both carbon credits and offsets
- Learn the entry points into a carbon market, contextualised in East and Southeast Asia
- Companies or organisations looking to learn about climate strategy
- Companies or organisations looking for a crash course on Asian carbon markets
- C-Suite or Managerial roles regarding:
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Corporate Communications
- Public Relations
- Social Responsibility
- Investor Relations
- External Affairs