Supply Chain & Sustainable Procurement
Thursday, August 30, 2018 | 9am-5pm | $450
A reliable supply chain is central to the performance and long term growth of any business. However, involving procurement or supply chain management in strategy development is not a standard practice everywhere.
One of the main reasons for the increase in sustainability reporting is that there is a growing expectation for organisations to disclose information about how and where their products and materials are sourced from, and the impacts on the whole value chain.
In response, organisations are asking their suppliers about safety certifications, labour data or environmental performance. The SGX guidelines requires organisations to disclose information about parts of their businesses that are outsourced to third parties (for example, freight and logistics), as well as on downstream impacts.
About the Course
GRI has made supply chain management a key element in its requirements. Many companies struggle with fulfilling GRI requirements of describing the organisation’s supply chain and the KPIs, and need help with the business benefit from engagement with the supply chain.
Have you started to implement a sustainability strategy for your company, but realised that you cannot solve all challenges on your own? This is precisely why the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Guidelines are putting so much emphasis on co-operation and transparency along the supply chain.
Are you ready to reach out to your contractors, suppliers, business partners in order to advance your sustainability performance?
This training will teach you not only how to fulfil the reporting requirements, but also guide you on how to actually take steps to manage your supply chain more responsibly. You will learn about business drivers, stakeholder expectations, tools and approaches in a hands-on way, how to integrate sustainable purchasing policies into your business strategy combined with sharing of best practice in effective supply chain sustainability.
Takeaways of the course include how to:
- How to fulfill the SGX and GRI Supply Chain sustainability reporting requirements
- Sustainable supply chain management business drivers, tools & approaches
- Best practices in effective supply chain sustainability
Who Should Attend
• Companies seeking to understand the details and implications of both the SGX Sustainability Reporting and GRI Guidelines on the supply chain / value chain
• Companies looking to improve upon their Sustainability Report
• Companies seeking to enhance their Sustainability Approach
• Experts in Sustainability, Procurement, Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Departments, Corporate Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, Social Responsibility, Investor Relations & External Affairs